This page has moved to a new address.

Lists, Lists and More Lists!

Me and My Munchkin: Lists, Lists and More Lists!

Friday 14 September 2012

Lists, Lists and More Lists!

I have been talking lately about being a little time poor, and having awful not so good time management skills. Well, I have been tackling these issues the last few weeks, and I must say, so far I am pretty proud of my results.

The first thing I did, was start writing lists (oh lists how I love thee!)


I started with a list of what needs to be done on a daily and weekly basis. My daily list included things like meals, exercise, washing, and preparation for the next day. The weekly list included grocery shopping, changing the beds, housework, etc.

After that I mapped out Master A's schedule. He already wakes, naps, has dinner and goes to bed at the same time each day, I just needed to add in a time to make sure we are ready for the day by, and morning and afternoon teas (more info on Master A's food and meals to come in a later post).

I then did a list of Monday to Sunday and scheduled each job that needs to be done (including studying and blogging, which are my real issues right now) into a day. Friday is my housework day, Wednesday I need to do some reading for Tafe and some blogging, etc. I don't have set times for these. With Master A's age, it really is too difficult to schedule my time and jobs around him.

The last lists I made were morning, day and night routines. I have aimed for us to be dressed, ready to face the day by 8:30am. The morning routine tells me what needs to be done for that to happen. I should mention that as of next week, I will be getting up an hour earlier than Master A to get myself dressed, have a healthy breakfast and have his all ready to go for when he wakes.

The day routine consists of things like ensuring a load of washing goes on in the morning, going for a walk after Master A wakes from his nap, or after lunch and making sure dinner is prepared for the night.

The night routine is pretty straight forward. The only things I have changed is to add a quick tidy of Master A's room and unpacking his bag and repacking for the next day.



As you can see I typed these up in word and printed them out for convenience (and just coz they looked prettier!)

I am now trying to tackle my procrastination issues. Not so much of my day spent on Facebook or sitting around watching TV, which I have been so bad for since the renovations started in our kitchen.

I have a plan for the day in my motivation journal - more on this later this week and I make sure I make time for the fun things with Master A.

Do you have routines in your house?
If you are a work at home/study at home mum, how do you balance your time and still get time out?


And of course because it's Friday I am linking up for the first time in a few weeks with the gorgeous Grace over at With Some Grace for Flog Yo Blog Friday...




... And also the beautiful Bree over at Twinkle in the Eye for Flash Blog Friday!

Labels: , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

At 14 September 2012 at 17:47 , Blogger Francesca said...

That looks great! I'm a big list writer from way back & I don't think I could function without them. I recently did a timetable for the week but it's still a work in progress. I'll be blogging about it once it's done :-)

 
At 14 September 2012 at 20:12 , Blogger Unknown said...

I LOVE writing lists! If I need to do something, it's gotta be on a list first! haha.
I need to stop writing lists and start doing!

 
At 15 September 2012 at 13:06 , Blogger Grace said...

Oh, I sooo need to get back into writing lists. I get into a momentum for a while then lose track. I love the idea of a motivation journal! Look forward to hearing more about that :)

 
At 15 September 2012 at 18:34 , Blogger Bree @ Twinkle in the Eye said...

Lists are a girls best friend. I write even the most minor to do's down and get a great sense of satisfaction crossing them off!

 
At 15 September 2012 at 20:16 , Anonymous Housewife in Heels said...

I love writing lists, then literally crossing things off as I complete the tasks. :)

 
At 16 September 2012 at 16:20 , Blogger Kel said...

Up and ready by 830? Well done! I struggle in the mornings if I don't have somewhere to be, so lazy! But I'm a creature of habit, lists and routines are my thing, makes life that much easier :) x

 
At 18 September 2012 at 12:40 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

I love lists! And I loved your timetable. I'm considering doing one myself!
Chrissie xx

 
At 18 September 2012 at 12:40 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Haha I have that problem too. I'm too busy writing them that I don't do what's on them!
Chrissie xx

 
At 18 September 2012 at 12:41 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Lists are so helpful, when you actually follow them that is!
Chrissie xx

 
At 18 September 2012 at 12:41 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

I agree, and I prefer them on paper than electronic. Not very environmentally friendly but more satisfying to cross them off!
Chrissie xx

 
At 18 September 2012 at 12:42 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Such a good feeling isn't it?
Chrissie xx

 
At 18 September 2012 at 12:42 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

I am struggling with the up and ready by 8.30. Lately it's been more like 9am. I am totally lazy too!
Chrissie xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home