This page has moved to a new address.

The Dating Game

Me and My Munchkin: The Dating Game

Thursday 6 September 2012

The Dating Game

My regular followers, and those on my personal Facebook page would know that I have started dating again. Being a single Mum in the dating world isn't easy, but luckily, I seem to have found a winner and that makes it so much easier!

{image source}
I dated someone briefly at the beginning of the year, though found I just wasn't ready, and the relationship fizzled right out before it was given a chance. Looking back now, I'm glad it did, because that person was definitely not right for me!

This time around I'm much happier. I'm happier with myself, and confident that I can enter into a relationship without issues.

The hard part? Trying to start a relationship with someone when you have your son virtually full time. 

Master A does not currently spend nights with his Dad, just 3 days a fortnight. Because of this, Master A was introduced a little earlier than I had hoped, but I made do. I am extremely lucky that my Mum is so helpful with babysitting. I have a theory that she is thinking if I can develop a relationship, maybe I'll move out!

The new man in my life has made a huge effort with Master A, right from day one. He plays with him, talks to him and includes him, without forcing it. Believe me, this makes all the difference. Sadly, I have seen men who just can't accept that the woman they are seeing has another mans child. 

So what have I found hard about dating with a young child? Staying out late after a date is not possible. Impromptu sleepovers are non existant. Actually, sleepovers of any kind just don't happen. Privacy is an issue. Living with my folks, I have none at my house! And I always feel I need to check with them before having him over for dinner - yep, it's like high school all over again!

Even with all these obstacles, I could not be happier, and love that I have found someone who understands, and is willing to stay in and watch TV with me instead of heading out every weekend. I've been terribly lucky (can you tell we're still in the honeymoon stage?) and I am hopeful it all works out.

{image source unknown}

Labels: ,

15 Comments:

At 6 September 2012 at 10:38 , Anonymous Deb @ home life simplified said...

Good luck hon - sounds like you are with someone worthy of your time and heart - love your theory that your mum is supporting it so you eventually move out LOL

 
At 6 September 2012 at 13:09 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Deb, I think he's a keeper! I also think that deep down my Mum just may be thinking that ;)
Chrissie xx

 
At 6 September 2012 at 14:47 , Anonymous Housewife in Heels said...

All the best x

 
At 6 September 2012 at 15:31 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks so much Hun.
Chrissie xx

 
At 6 September 2012 at 16:08 , Blogger Kel said...

I can't imagine it would be easy. Good on you for getting out there. Hope it works out for you xx

 
At 6 September 2012 at 16:25 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Hun, me too. It's not easy, but certainly proving to be worth it!
Chrissie xx

 
At 7 September 2012 at 11:23 , Blogger Tubbah @ Organising: My Crazy Life said...

I'm so happy for u Hun :) It's good to hear he shows interest in ur munchkin. I hope all goes well for u and the future brings u some well deserved happiness :) xx

 
At 7 September 2012 at 21:45 , Anonymous Clare said...

Sounds like its going well for you. I'm enjoying reading your blog, I seem to be in a similar situation - have a young child, single and had to move back with my parents. I have been considering dating again but not sure if I'm ready?! How did you know you were? I have to have a laugh when you say it's like being back in high school living with your parents again, I know exactly how you feel! X

 
At 8 September 2012 at 10:21 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Hun, I'm stoked about that too. I've really lucked out there :)
Chrissie xx

 
At 8 September 2012 at 10:25 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Hi Clare! Glad to meet another single mummy :) I never really knew if I was ready until I started doing it. I realised by the 2nd date that I was finally ready to take things further and have a relationship. It's great because I was more than happy to stay single, I didn't have that "lonely" feeling. It's hard living with your parents isn't it? If you ever have any questions, or just want to chat, feel free to email me or send me a message on the facebook page.
Chrissie xx

 
At 8 September 2012 at 23:22 , Blogger Elisa {With Grace and Eve} said...

Certainly doesn't sound easy, but you sure sound calm and happy! :) I hope it works out beautifully for you xx

 
At 10 September 2012 at 12:10 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Hun, one step at a time!
Chrissie xx

 
At 11 September 2012 at 17:00 , Anonymous Clare said...

Thanks Chrissie. Yes it can be a little testing at times living back with my parents, as you probably can relate to! But in saying that, they are a great support to Charli and I. Will follow you on fb.
Have a lovely day :)
Clare x

 
At 13 September 2012 at 20:37 , Blogger Unknown said...

So exciting for you! Really happy!! I need some tips.. this single mum just cant find anyone !

So good that he is great with Master A.. that is my biggest worry!!

xx

 
At 14 September 2012 at 07:57 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Have you tried internet dating? That is where I met him. I was totally skeptical at first, but if you choose your site wisely and learn to pick out the sleazes (it's not hard!) you could get lucky!

I know I totally lucked out with how accepting he has been of Master A, the guy I dated earlier in the year really wasn't!
Chrissie xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home