This page has moved to a new address.

Cutting Back

Me and My Munchkin: Cutting Back

Thursday 9 August 2012

Cutting Back

I posted last week about about struggling to find the time to get everything done. You can find that post here. I originally thought it was because of my lack of time management skills. I now believe that it is because I have just tried to take on too much.

Between an ultra-demanding toddler, my new Tafe course, the blog, keeping fit, housework and still fighting a custody battle, my life is extremely filled up. Then of course there are family and friends. I want to see them, they want to see me, and it eats into more time. I never regret the time I spend with them. I love them all, but it just leaves me with less of it.

I have also recently started dating again (can I get a woop woop!) so this also takes time. But it makes me happy so it is not something I am going to stop.

I tried to keep going about it all, but found the leech hanging off me whilst I am trying to make up my spreadsheets was just too distracting. I am exhausted by night time and forcing myself to either write posts for the blog or continue on with study. All of my study is external and done online, therefor I have to do it all at home!

After spending the last 2 days thinking about what's really important, here's what I know:

Spending time with my son comes first. I am trying to get out and take him to the park more and play with him at home. He is the most important thing and everything else needs to fit in around him.

Next comes my course. It is going to take me years to get through the 4 courses I need to be fully qualified. This course is to get myself into a career that I'll love and to set me and Munchkin up financially. After that comes looking after myself. Exercising, going for a massage, etc. And then friends and family (and dating). If I don't continue to look after those relationships, they will die eventually.

Unfortunately I've decided my blogging is going to have to take a bit more of a back seat for a little while.

I will still be here!

I just won't be posting as often. Instead of 3-4 times a week, I will only be posting 1-2 times a week. Unfortunately as much as I love my blog, and my readers, I have to start looking after my stress levels and sanity. I do hope I still have some sanity left!

So please bear with me through these times. I am hoping that once I get into the swing of things and actually catch up on everything I am behind on (and repair some of the friendships that have been neglected in the last month or so) I will be back with full force.

This will be my last post for this week, so I will see you all next week! If you have Facebook make sure you like Me and My Munchkin via the buttons on the top right of the screen. I will be on there daily!

Labels:

14 Comments:

At 9 August 2012 at 09:59 , Blogger Yvette Bowyer said...

Ahh we totally understand!!

I have a few things up my sleeve that needs to take precedence over blogging..

My time management needs to be sorted out aswell!!

 
At 9 August 2012 at 10:33 , Blogger Kylie Purtell said...

I know exactly this feeling! I went through a stage of bloggers block where I found it hard to get anything on the screen, but at the same time discovered the rest of my life! I've recently gotten back in to it and I am trying to come up with a schedule that allows me to post regularly while still being able to do all of the other things in my life that I need/want to. I hope you find the balance you need!

 
At 9 August 2012 at 10:34 , Blogger Tara @ Mum-ments said...

I made this decison awhile ago lovely and you do find the time eventually.
I stay connected through my FB page alot more now and post when I can.

Oh and woot woot for dating again! I am so excitied for you ;)

xxx

 
At 9 August 2012 at 19:16 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

I'm hoping that once I manage to catch up on my Tafe work, and get myself into a better routine I can come back as usual. Alas, the time management needs to be sorted!
Chrissie xx

 
At 9 August 2012 at 19:17 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Hun, a routine or schedule is just what I need. I have worked so hard on one for Master A, now I need to sort one out for myself! Good luck with yours would love to see it once you've worked it out!
Chrissie xx

 
At 9 August 2012 at 19:19 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Hun! I think I'm ready. As much as I am enjoying being alone, having someone is just as nice :)
I am still totally interested in what we were discussing the other day too :)
Chrissie xx

 
At 9 August 2012 at 20:04 , Anonymous Deb @ home life simplified said...

woot woot for the dating - go you!

and yay for being someone who sorted through her priorities instead of feeling you "should" be able to keep it all up. no law says you have to post the same amount - you can do more when you have time or want to ... go get 'em!

 
At 9 August 2012 at 21:35 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks so much Deb! I am a bit sad about having to cut back my blogging time as I love it so much, but you're right, I had to figure out my priorities. I'll definitely be back on full force though!
Chrissie xx

 
At 9 August 2012 at 22:11 , Blogger Tubbah @ Organising: My Crazy Life said...

I totally understand and can totally relate. I've cut my posting right down from when I first started. Good on u for sorting out your priorities, we all need to do that at some point. A big woot woot for dating again, I'm happy for u :) Good luck with it all babe :) xx

 
At 10 August 2012 at 00:19 , Anonymous Lisa Wood said...

Totally get it :) I think as Mums we always take on too much (i actually wrote a blog post tonight about the lack of time!!!)
Have a great weekend - and enjoy quality time with your son, friends etc.
I think R and R (park or beach time for us is so needed) is what every mum needs!

 
At 13 August 2012 at 18:15 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Hun, I till still be here though! You can't get rid of me that easily!
Chrissie xx

 
At 13 August 2012 at 18:16 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Lisa, I am looking forward to continuing my blogging, and coming back properly again in time, just need to focus on me and Munchkin for a little while :)
Chrissie xx

 
At 13 August 2012 at 18:22 , Blogger Maxabella said...

Good on you for making room, Chrissie. There really does come a time when it is all. too. much and something has got to give. Blogging is a hobby and frankly it is the first thing I would look at too. The rest of the stuff is far too important!! See you soon, I hope!

x

PS - The little bottles I use are Yoga Peach Nectar drink bottles with the drink drunk and the label removed. xxx

 
At 15 August 2012 at 10:57 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

I love blogging, and I am quietly continuing on with it until I can come back fully. Thanks for telling about the drink bottles! They are adorable!
Chrissie xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home