This page has moved to a new address.

Living the Single Life

Me and My Munchkin: Living the Single Life

Friday 27 April 2012

Living the Single Life

For those of you who are new to my blog, I am a single mum. I have been ever since my son turned 1. After separating from Master A's father I moved home with my parents until I was able to get back on my feet. That was around 6 months ago and I am still there. Do I ever regret the decision to walk the down the parenthood road alone? No.

Image Source


Of course, being single has it's drawbacks. Having nobody to fix my car, for instance (my dad is great but I don't entrust my car to just anybody!) I have also noticed how nice it would be to have someone to cuddle in this cooler weather. But where there are cons there are also many pros to living the single life. I love being able to make plans to do what I want, without having to run it past my partner first. I also have the freedom to really wolf whistle at notice any and all attractive men that just happen to be near me. This is especially great as the house next door to ours has just been demolished ready for a new one to be built, which means... TRADIES! (A tradie for a single lady, anyone?)

Image Source

I have been in a few relationships. There was, of course the high school sweetheart. Then there were a few flings before I met my son's father. And since being single I did briefly date another man however found it fizzled out way too quickly. I guess that I have a bit of a fear when it comes to meeting men now that I have a child. I expect that they will hear "child" and run away faster than I can say playdough. And then if I do meet someone, I fear that they will struggle to cope with helping to raise another man's child. And then that brings me to the question, where do you meet a man when your outings are limited to trips to the play cafe or supermarket in your chocolate and snot stained t-shirt, run-a-muck toddler in tow?



I just hope that when I do meet the right man, that it will all fall into place and until then, I am happily enjoying my single days, doing things my way and enjoying all the hotties that this beach side suburb has to offer!

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

At 27 April 2012 at 08:10 , Blogger Bree @ Twinkle in the Eye said...

You sound like you have an excellent attitude. I wish you the best of luck. Thanks for linking up for Flash Blog Friday :-)

 
At 27 April 2012 at 08:25 , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi there! Found you through the blog hop! I enjoyed your post. You're awesome! Focus in you and Master A and the right man will come along. The right one won't run because you have a kid! :-)

 
At 27 April 2012 at 08:31 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Bree! I only just published this post this morning and when I saw your link on Facebook figured why not? Great Idea by the way ;) Chrissie xx

 
At 27 April 2012 at 08:33 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Welcome! Thanks for the lovely comment you've made me blush a little :) I would like to think that there is someone out there for me eventually. But for now I have way too much to do! Chrissie xx

 
At 4 May 2012 at 22:10 , Blogger Tubbah @ Organising: My Crazy Life said...

Good on u for having such a positive attitude. Enjoy ur life and those hotties ;)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home