This page has moved to a new address.

Somebody tell me that life gets easier. Please?

Me and My Munchkin: Somebody tell me that life gets easier. Please?

Wednesday 11 April 2012

Somebody tell me that life gets easier. Please?




Image Source: http://thenextfamily.com


As I write this post, I am in the middle of one of the hardest days (and weeks) of my life. I have a toddler with an attitude, a sore foot from tripping on my sister’s stuff in the middle of night last night, and I can’t drive my car as the remote to unlock the doors is currently swirling around the washing machine, and because it is a front loader, the cycle takes approximately 2 – 2 and a half hours to complete, and once turned on, you can’t open the door. I’m at that point where it’s all become just a little too much and after setting the alarm off on my car trying to open the door with the key (hey it was worth a try!) I burst into tears and spent half an hour sitting on the couch feeling sorry for myself.

Image Source: http://www.geeky-gadgets.com

I know that there are many people out there who are much worse off than I am, and I don’t deny that. However when you stressed and at breaking point, everything seems like a catastrophe and that is when I blurt out a few choice words, lose my temper at my child and whoever else gets in my line of fire. Oh what I would give right now for someone to please tell me that life gets easier! Tell me that my child won’t always throw tantrums when I take something off of him that he isn’t allowed to have. Tell me that he will start sleeping through the night again. Tell me that I will have the patience to just sit and play with him regularly. That I will begin shrug my shoulders and say “Oh well, these things happen” when things don’t go to plan. Tell me that I am not alone in going through these phases every now and then. Feeling like the world is against you, and everything that you do just seems to be wrong.

I am the sort of person that sees value in life throwing challenges at you. Life would be boring without them and I believe that these challenges are what shape me into the person that I am today. But I think that I speak for a whole lot of mothers when I say that most of us probably ask this question at least once during our time as a mother. Does it get easier? I would like to think that yes, it does. Even standing at the beginning of a long tunnel, and the light seems such a long way away, I would like to think that the light is still there.




Image Source: http://sweet2thesoul.blogspot.com.au



So as I sit on my couch, with my fingers crossed, I am just hoping that when the washing machine finally stops, the remote will still work. I know my chances are slim, but I have to hope. It’s the only thing moving me through my long tunnel. How do you get through your tunnel? How do you cope with life’s challenges, when they all seem to come at you at once?

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At 12 April 2012 at 05:43 , Anonymous Tara @ Mum-ments said...

Oh hun I feel your pain! I really do I have just come out of one of my worst months were stuff like that would send me right over the edge! I am still dealing with the tail end crap of that month but slowly ever so slowly I am coming out of that tunnel (although monday saw me take a few steps back into thanks to my idiot ex)
So i guess in answer to your questions? I dont have coping mechanisms I just do it as single mumma what choice do I have? In saying that I have an amazing couple of friends who sit there and listen to me whinge and moan and all the woe is mes i throw at them and they try and turn it around for me.
My boys are the only thing that keeps me walking to that other end of the tunnel because even though it seems long oh so very long there is always an end
xxx

 
At 12 April 2012 at 05:53 , Anonymous Rachael @ Pretty Pink Peony said...

I feel your pain. I can tell you have had a very stressful day. I would like to say that life gets easier but I think that we just get stronger which makes it easier to handle the tough times. We all have our moments though, and I find by embrasing what 'is' rather than trying to fight against it makes those tough moments a whole lot easier =)

 
At 12 April 2012 at 05:56 , Anonymous meandmymunchkin said...

Oh Tara I could just give you a great big bear hug right now! And then open a bottle of vodka with you :) Early March my son caught a really bad infection and was hospitalised, ending in surgery. Then there's been complications, and because his immune system has been shot to pieces he's caught every illness under the sun since, I too am having a few issues with his father (to do with custody) so my month has been a hard one too.
Friends are great, and I am so lucky also to have great friends who put up with it all with me. Thanks for sharing your story xx

 
At 12 April 2012 at 06:18 , Anonymous meandmymunchkin said...

Thanks Rachael, I believe that we learn to adapt to these situations, and that makes them seem easier. Its nice to know that there are people out there who understand, and help you get through these moments :)

 
At 12 April 2012 at 06:48 , Anonymous tahlia - the parenting files said...

ohh hang in there... we all have those moments of wanting to throw it all in and it all gets too much. Hey, we are human! And sometimes it is the most simple and silly things that throw us... but all in all an accumulation of everything. Big hugs x

 
At 12 April 2012 at 07:33 , Anonymous meandmymunchkin said...

Thanks Tahlia :) after my little hissy fit this morning I decided to book my boy in to day care for the afternoon to re-coup and try to get on top of everything swimming around my head. I am feeling so much better, and feel like I have a better grasp on things :)

 
At 4 May 2012 at 14:52 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

As posted by Tubbah on my previous website:

Big hugs!! I could have written that post myself!! The past couple of months life has been so difficult and stressful and I had yesterday I had had enough and broke down. As Rachael above said, I think we just get stronger. We somehow learn to deal with issues better. Hope ur feeling better now

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home