This page has moved to a new address.

10 Things to do at the Park

Me and My Munchkin: 10 Things to do at the Park

Thursday 2 August 2012

10 Things to do at the Park

{image source}
It's no secret that kids love to go to the park or playground. Master A gets giddy every time we drive past a playground, so you can imagine his excitement when we actually pull up and get out of the car!

I am not such a fan of the park. I can usually put up with it for around 15 to 20 minutes before I start getting bored. This, of course is certainly not enough time for Master A to run off the endless amount of energy he seems to have.

I have put together a list of 10 things to do at the park, aside from simply playing on the playground. Some of these require you to take things along, like bikes or balls, others are easy enough to do without anything. Check out the list and try some of these things with your children next time you take them to the park!
  1. Take a footy or soccer ball to kick around
  2. Take bubbles - bonus being that there's no mess to clean up afterwards (seriously can't just be my child that makes a mess with bubbles!)
  3. Play chasey, or hide and seek (provided it's safe to do so at your chosen park)
  4. If there is a double slide, have races down the slide
  5. Take morning tea or lunch down and have a picnic
  6. Take some chalk and play some good old-fashioned Hopscotch!
  7. If you have older children, try them with a game of handball
  8. Have a treasure hunt! You could bring some toys of your own to hide, like dinosaurs or animals, or use nature and collect sticks, leaves, flowers, etc
  9. Bring along their bike, scooter or ride on car. Make an obstacle course out of the play equipment, going around it and weaving in and out. If you live within walking or riding distance, ride bikes to the park.
  10. Do some bird watching. Or more so, listening. Can you tell what type of bird is singing? Can you tell what tree it's coming from? Can you see it?
What do you like to do at the park?
Can you think of anything else to add to the list?


Flashing my blog over at Twinkle in the Eye

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 2 August 2012 at 09:28 , Blogger Naptime Review said...

This post is perfect for my August's Little Bird club. Do you mind if I direct my readers to this post?

Julie @ Naptime Review

 
At 2 August 2012 at 09:29 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Of course not Julie! The more the merrier!
Chrissie xx

 
At 3 August 2012 at 10:18 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi - some great ideas there - thanks! My kids love having a picnic at the park, why is it that kids eat so much better at picnics than at home?? Sue x

 
At 3 August 2012 at 14:34 , Anonymous Alicia said...

A treasure hunt sounds like fun, never tried that one. And no you don't have the only kids that makes a mess with bubbles :)

 
At 3 August 2012 at 15:30 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

I must admit, I am the same when it comes to a picnic. There really is something about being out in the fresh air while I'm eating :)
Chrissie xx

 
At 3 August 2012 at 15:31 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Bubbles are great, though WAY too messy don't you think? My boy is at the stage where he likes to try and do it himself (though can't) so he flicks the wand around!
Chrissie xx

 
At 3 August 2012 at 22:28 , Anonymous Lisa Wood said...

Our boys LOVE the park! There imagination comes alive - sticks become houses that they can make, rocks become part of the creation and so much more.
We love taking our boys as they sleep so much better after a great day out!

 
At 4 August 2012 at 13:21 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thats great Lisa! I love how well Munchkin sleeps after time at the park too!
Chrissie xx

 
At 5 August 2012 at 18:53 , Blogger Bree @ Twinkle in the Eye said...

Tree hugging. I'm a big fan of tree hugging :-) Thanks for linking up for Flash Blog Friday :-)

 
At 6 August 2012 at 14:31 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

No worries Bree :) Thanks for commenting!
Chrissie xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home