This page has moved to a new address.

Windows of Happiness - A Welcome Treat

Me and My Munchkin: Windows of Happiness - A Welcome Treat

Sunday 29 July 2012

Windows of Happiness - A Welcome Treat

Following on from my post on Thursday, What Makes a Good Mother, my windows of happiness post this week is about giving my Munchkin a treat every now and then. There are some regular things that he is treated to, such as a chocolate milk with dinner on a Friday night. This is simply milk and chocolate nesquik in a drink bottle, and he loves it!

Master A eats all meals at the kitchen table. This includes breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and dinner. It is a real treat if we eat in the lounge or mummy's bedroom, and usually he doesn't like to break his routine so will insist on sitting at the kitchen table anyway.

On Wednesday this week we came home early from kindergym because Master A did not want to play. He only wanted to be held and cuddled by me. Getting home he was no better. He had been at his dad's house the day before so I wondered if he was maybe just feeling a little overwhelmed. So I decided to treat him to 2 of his favorite snacks for morning tea, AND - wait for it... he was allowed to eat it in Mummy's bedroom, while watching The Wot Wots.

He thought this was great and it made him so happy. He was even offering his Tiny Teddies to the TV screen just in case Dotty Wot was hungry. This little guy makes my life worth all of the hard stuff that has been hanging around lately, and I love him more than anything. Treating him every now and then makes me smile, and I think it makes me a good Mummy!


Linking up today with the beautiful Fi from My Mummy Daze for Windows of Happiness

Windows of Happiness

Labels: , ,

10 Comments:

At 29 July 2012 at 13:08 , Blogger Catherine Rodie said...

Your little guy is too cute! G won't share her tiny teddies with anyone x

 
At 29 July 2012 at 15:54 , Anonymous Kelly @ HT and T said...

Oh I couldn't agree more, giving them little treats and seeing how happy it makes them makes it all worthwhile :) I give my boys Milo for a treat sometimes. and if I let them eat their lunch in the back room then they think I'm the best mum ever!

 
At 29 July 2012 at 15:58 , Anonymous Jane @Hesitant Housewife said...

Definitely makes you a good mum :)

 
At 29 July 2012 at 16:18 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Oh it really depends on his mood. Sometimes he's generous enough to offer me a bit of everything on his plate, others if I take something he screams at me!
Chrissie xx

 
At 29 July 2012 at 16:20 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

It sure does make it worthwhile! We just need to remember not to do it too often, or it is no longer a treat! And also remember to treat ourselves too!
Chrissie xx

 
At 29 July 2012 at 16:20 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Hun! I try :)
Chrissie xx

 
At 29 July 2012 at 22:40 , Blogger bloggingmumof3 said...

how adorable. what special moments

 
At 30 July 2012 at 07:39 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

I really do love these windows of happiness, makes me remember those special moments :)
Chrissie xx

 
At 31 July 2012 at 23:17 , Anonymous Lisa Wood said...

They grow so fast! enjoy those moments, and treats rock :)

 
At 1 August 2012 at 08:10 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Definitely grow too fast, though I am totally looking forward to all the things we can do once he is a little bigger. Embrace the growing up, coz there's nothing we can do about it!
Chrissie xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home