This page has moved to a new address.

One Peaceful Hour

Me and My Munchkin: One Peaceful Hour

Wednesday 20 June 2012

One Peaceful Hour

I am one of those lucky mums out there whose toddler still takes an afternoon nap. Yes, I know, but don't hate me just cause you ain't me!

Nap time really is precious to me, and when I think that there is a chance that Master A may not take a nap for whatever reason, the tears well in my eyes and everything becomes blurry.

You see, I use that precious hour to do any variation of things, depending on my mood or to-do list that day. I may do some housework, write a blog post, catch up on some reading, have a nap, take a walk (if my dad is home to watch him), basically nap time is a little time for me to do something I want to do.

It can take me anywhere from 10 to 15 minutes to get Munchkin to sleep. Night time is great, I throw him in bed (not literally) and shut the door as fast as I can. During the day however, there are far too many distractions for this curious toddler so I park my butt on an ottoman next to his bed with a good book and ignore every attempt to get my attention.


This is not always easy. He can be very cute at times.

But usually after about 5 or so minutes he gives up and simply lays down until he falls asleep. Yes, I have trained him well.


After sneaking out of the bedroom and shutting the door, I do my happy dance and run through my list in my head, arguing with myself that the dishes should really be done, but I know I saw a new post by Sonia over at Life, Love and Hiccups when I scrolled through Facebook this morning and I really should read that too.

Somehow though, the hour seems over all too quickly, and it's back to Mummy time, which is of course, the best. But oh how I do love that hour nap time!


Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

At 20 June 2012 at 13:50 , Blogger Queen BE (aka Brooke Elmer) said...

If only my Mini Man & Micro Man would synchronise their sleeps... some days they do, but many they don't... I do so miss that nap-time:free-time that I was almost guaranteed to have every day. Today tho... they're in sync and I'm cruising blogs & sipping on a cuppa... ahhhhhhh :)

 
At 20 June 2012 at 14:04 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Enjoy your quiet time today Brooke! You deserve it!
Chrissie xx

 
At 27 June 2012 at 22:04 , Blogger Tubbah @ Organising: My Crazy Life said...

I do miss my free time where I can do something that I want to do... Thankfully the 2 younger ones nap at the same time, but with a very high maintenance Mr almost 4, me time just ain't happening.. He's starting back at preschool one day a week, so I'm really looking forward to the free time while the little ones nap :)

 
At 28 June 2012 at 08:39 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

I'm really not looking forward to when Master A gives up nap time, as I really will lose time to get anything done, as I'm usually too exhausted by the end of the day once he's in bed! Thanks for commenting. Chrissie xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home