This page has moved to a new address.

Feeling the Pinch

Me and My Munchkin: Feeling the Pinch

Friday 19 October 2012

Feeling the Pinch

Note: I am a huge believer in things happening for a reason. Within a couple of hours of publishing this post, I had a call from the manager of one of the other stores in the company I worked for previously. They had me in the store late this morning signing paperwork so that I can start work next week as a night filler. Casual hours and close to home. Good to see my little whinge had some effect!

I don't really know how to find the words for this post. I don't even really know what it's about. I have just completed mediation with regards to custody of Master A and I'm feeling a little overwhelmed by everything.

I have been a wreck for the last week leading up to this day. Cranky, snappy and tense (a big thanks to Mr M for putting up with me!) I was not really sure what to expect and nervous that things wouldn't go to plan.

Things didn't really go to plan. 

But that's OK. I'm OK. It means that things are set now, and we have a plan of action. But then everything else slots in around it to make me tense. I have been searching for a job for around a month now. After countless job applications and emails stating "The quality of applicants were very high and unfortunately, you did not make the shortlist..." I am starting to feel the pinch, both emotionally and financially. My self esteem is being shot to pieces and my purse is feeling ever so light these days.

Mr M and I have decided to move in together in the new year. This will mean lots of posts on moving, organising and decorating (can you say excited?) of course though it also means that I will need to speed up my process of looking for work. My experience is limited, though not non-existent, however my availability is extremely limited, and making things so much harder.
{image source}
So, my mind is feeling a little mushy right now, all of these new dates and figures and responsibilities floating around in my head.

I have seven weeks left of Tafe on a Tuesday night. I have Master A staying overnight at his dad's once a month until January, then it becomes every second weekend. There is less than ten weeks to Christmas, and we start looking for a house to live in. I have to this time to try and find a job, and get back at an even point in my finances (and complete my Christmas shopping) and attempt to have some savings behind me for my car decides to eventually shit itself (excuse the language but my car has been a major source of financial strain these past few months!)
{image source}
I am hoping that I can push through all of this and come out on the other side, much better off. I only have to make it through the next 2 months...

Linking up with Twinkle in the Eye and With Some Grace

Labels: , ,

21 Comments:

At 19 October 2012 at 08:39 , Anonymous Naomi said...

Sounds like you have a lot on your plate. I'm sure you'll make it through. Sending positive thoughts your way!

 
At 19 October 2012 at 10:24 , Blogger Yvette Bowyer @DTLilSquirts said...

wow.. sounds a little stressful, so sending some good vibes to you!! We're feeling the pinch here too.. wanting to buy a property but only on one income.. if I went to work, putting the kids in daycare all day just doesn't work financially!! :(

Hope things work out over the next few weeks xx

 
At 19 October 2012 at 11:42 , Blogger Life Love and Hiccups said...

You have some really exciting times ahead of you hun which is fabulous, but just make sure you remember to breathe lol. I am wishing you all the best for a smooth rollout of all these changes hun xx

 
At 19 October 2012 at 11:56 , Blogger The Kids Are All Right said...

We've decided to have a frugal Christmas this year (though we do say that every year). Family and friends understand.

 
At 19 October 2012 at 13:07 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Naomi, I'm hoping I come out better!
Chrissie xx

 
At 19 October 2012 at 13:09 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Yes I understand that completely. Unfortunately day care can be so expensive. I'm lucky that I have only one child to do that with, and being a single parent I get it much cheaper. It still can suck though!
Chrissie xx

 
At 19 October 2012 at 13:10 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Hun, breathing just doesn't happen anymore! I'm sure I'll get there in the end though!
Chrissie xx

 
At 19 October 2012 at 13:11 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

It always helps when family and friends understand. It makes things so much easier. Good luck with your frugal Christmas!
Chrissie xx

 
At 19 October 2012 at 14:09 , Blogger Me said...

Thinking of you darl. I wish I had a magic wand to wave to fix it all, or even some super-duper useful advice, but all I can offer is my thoughts.

Xxx

 
At 19 October 2012 at 15:13 , Anonymous Cassandra Wunsch said...

You're not alone, I'm reading SO many post/comments etc about people hitting a bit of a financial wall. Heaps of husbands/partners being made redundant, and a lot of mum's trying to find that magical part-time job that'll work around the kids. All I can do is wish you the best of luck, hang in there...

 
At 19 October 2012 at 22:42 , Blogger Stacey-Lee said...

Visiting from FYBF, it sounds like you have a lot of changes going on and the stress of it all is getting to you. The update of a night-fill position is great! That should make things a little easier, all the best - I sincerely hope it all works out for you, financial strain is something I can relate to and I am currently on the look out for an ideal second job to slot in amongst the part time one I already have and 3 kidlets. Times are not easy.

 
At 20 October 2012 at 01:40 , Blogger The Life Of Faith said...

Stopping by from FYBF! My husband and I have been feeling "the pinch" lately as well and have been looking for ways to cut back. You are not alone!
I would love for you to stop by and enter the giveaway I have going on at my blog!
http://the-life-of-faith.blogspot.com/2012/10/october-group-giveaway.html

 
At 21 October 2012 at 12:14 , Blogger Grace said...

What I love about you Chrissie, is that you're a true survivor. You've had so many curveballs come at you time and time again and I love how you work through the problem. So happy that you found a job! Looking forward to hearing about more good things come your way xxx

 
At 21 October 2012 at 21:07 , Blogger Kel said...

Chrissie, that's so wonderful that you landed a job that is suitable and will slot into your life, well done! Hopefully it's just the first of many things that will start going your way xx

 
At 23 October 2012 at 21:32 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Chantelle, how lovely of you!
Chrissie xx

 
At 23 October 2012 at 21:35 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

I know, everyone is struggling. Unfortunately it is life. And that part time job, it doesn't exist. Mine is going to be extremely hard to work with hours outside of daycare, until I move in with Mr M. But taking what I can get is the only option now!
chrissie xx

 
At 23 October 2012 at 21:36 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

No they certainly aren't. Things are hard. I don't have a mortgage to pay for and I'm struggling. I can only imagine those with a mortgage to struggle with as well. Good luck with your search!
Chrissie xx

 
At 23 October 2012 at 21:37 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

I hope you are able to find ways to cut back, I would love to and Mr M and I are trying to cut right back so we can afford to get a rental in 2 months. I will pop over and have a look!
Chrissie xx

 
At 23 October 2012 at 21:38 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Aww thanks Hun! I try not to sound too "woe is me" but at the same time want to tell my story. This post was a bit more of a vent though!
Chrissie xx

 
At 23 October 2012 at 21:39 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Kelly! Things are going to be great next year. I have many great things coming, I just need to be patient!
Chrissie xx

 
At 26 October 2012 at 23:25 , Anonymous Lisa Wood said...

sounds like you have a good plan to move forward with - congratulations on your job :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home