This page has moved to a new address.

Bedroom Transformations - Part 3: My room

Me and My Munchkin: Bedroom Transformations - Part 3: My room

Wednesday 16 May 2012

Bedroom Transformations - Part 3: My room

About a month ago I posted about starting bedroom transformations for myself and Master A. Those of you who follow the blog will know that I moved back home with my parents when I separated from Master A's father. When this happened, it was only meant to be short term (a few months) however after a few health complications with Master A, I had to quit work and therefore, my stay has been extended.

I was sharing my room with my older sister up until she moved out again one month ago, which gave me the opportunity to do these transformations! As much as I love my sister, she is very messy and has more stuff than she knows what to do with, which meant she had most of the storage space and my things had to go where they could, which was usually on the floor.

I posted about Master A's bedroom transformation just a couple of weeks ago. Finally, my bedroom is finished and ready to be revealed!

Before.

Wardrobe before.


The after result! I'm still pressed for space, but making the most of it. My chest of drawers was finally able to come into the room, along with my beloved desk. I scrapbook, study and blog at this desk, and as there was no where in the house for it to go, the bedroom will do just fine!


On the very top of the desk I keep my scrapbooking embellishments in the black drawers, and my scrapbooking papers. The white folders are for my filing and the pink box also has more scrapbooking supplies.


The 2nd shelf houses my diary, notebooks and budgeting books, along with all stationary in the small white drawers.

The 3rd shelf simply has photos and notepads. The bowl is where I put all spare gold coins each day. Makes it easier when you're going somewhere you need a gold coin donation, you can just raid the bowl. Not to mention it's an easy way to save.

I also have my filing trays and other bits and pieces on the desk, such as containers with more (yes, more!) scrapbooking supplies, blank disks, etc.

I love the magnetic whiteboard on the right of the desk!


Back to a big bed again! I don't know how I managed in the single bed!


And what every single mother, who's at home nights with the children needs, a big DVD collection!


And last but not least, the beautifully organised wardrobe!

I must say, that even without painting, decorating or new things, I am so happy with my new bedroom, especially as it's such a multi-function room. This is the room where Master A and I spend a lot of our time, as I will drag new toys for us to play with into the room each day.

Have you ever had to have such a multi-functioning room?
How did you make it work for you?

The Organised Housewife

Labels: ,

9 Comments:

At 16 May 2012 at 13:02 , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Chrissie, I'm so, so happy for you! I bet you are feeling a hundred times better now that you have your own space! Im excited to see some of your scrapbooking now that you have the space again!

I'm so very grateful each and every day that, when I split from my husband, I was able to move into my own place...it was tough, but I'm here and so very grateful. It's so lovely to here that, with this new step forward, you can have a little normality back in your life.

LOVE the new look BTW!

Rachael xx

 
At 16 May 2012 at 14:06 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks so much Rachael! I love having my own space to escape to. Having my own place would be awesome, but just not realistic at this time so at least I have somewhere to relax now.

Maybe I should look into photographing some of scrapbooking. I'm looking forward to getting heaps done over this weekend with Munchkin going to his dads house.

Chrissie xx

 
At 16 May 2012 at 21:20 , Blogger Tubbah @ Organising: My Crazy Life said...

Wow!! what an amazing transformation!! That's exactly what I'm longing for - a beautifully organised and fully functioning place.... hmm bit hard with my lot but anyways, job well done!! :) :)

 
At 16 May 2012 at 21:30 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Oh you should have seen the toys that I shuffled from corner to corner of the room to take pics from different angles! Sometimes they get packed up at night, if I'm too tired though I'll wait and pack them up in the morning.

The room works well for what I need it for. Just needs a mini bar and room service and I'm set!

 
At 16 May 2012 at 22:21 , Blogger Tubbah @ Organising: My Crazy Life said...

haha i do the whole shuffling things around for 'tidy' photo's too :) and ditto the mini bar and room service!!

 
At 17 May 2012 at 22:36 , Anonymous Deb @ home life simplified said...

Looks great - love your big DVD collection and bed - that is exactly where I would be cozied up this winter!

 
At 18 May 2012 at 13:39 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Deb, my bed is soooo comfy! And yes, I love my DVD collection too. Hardly ever watch regular TV anymore!
Chrissie xx

 
At 19 May 2012 at 08:51 , Blogger Unknown said...

wow youve done a great job! And that is one awesome dvd collection!

 
At 19 May 2012 at 09:23 , Blogger Chrissie Me and My Munchkin said...

Thanks Sarah! What else are you supposed to do when you're at home with the child every night? :)
Chrissie xx

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home